Who are we
Family-owned and operated since 1953, Lamour Inc. has earned its reputation as the “Best in Class” choice for socks, performance wear, hosiery and intimates. In fact, we are among the top 5 global players in base layer active wear, the #1 global seamless manufacturer and one of Canada’s leading sock manufacturers.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced Director of Sourcing within our Sleepwear Division, who will be working with our international suppliers. You will own relationships with key partners and will be responsible for driving strategy execution, alignment and performance in coordination with a wide range of Lamour’s internal teams. The Sourcing Director will provide complete oversight, direction and execution of identifying, establishing, and maintaining reliable practices to ensure smooth business operations, including standards and metrics to obtain goods from various suppliers meeting objectives of cost, service and quality.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Develop the Strategic Sourcing Direction that supports corporate initiatives and business needs including cost, lead-times and risk management
- Ensure timely execution of product development and sourcing strategies while serving as the primary leader between all business partners and the global supply chain.
- Identify supply chain needs and in collaboration with the Lamour’s national and international teams, identify and assess new factories/mills/regions, as well as develop/train current vendors when necessary.
- Set category cost (margin) targets along with negotiation strategies for implementation; sign off on all costs.
- Drive product development calendar timelines to ensure corporate milestones and business needs are being met.
- Sign off on all vendor allocation
- Identify and implement opportunities to reduce lead-times and costs.
- Minimum of 8+ years in a strategic sourcing/product manager role in the apparel industry.
- Experience in the sleepwear commodity
- Knowledge of product development and production, as well as strong vendor management experience.
- Proven experience in developing long-term relationships and negotiating strategic agreements to ensure constant cost and quality improvements.
- Proven track record of maximizing value while improving the quality of goods and service levels.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities; as well as interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Complete knowledge in Sourcing/Procurement competencies and strategies.
- Ability to lead others through change while achieving and maintaining results
- Excellent PC skills with strong knowledge of Excel, Word, Microsoft Teams and Outlook.
- Bluecherry experience a strong asset
- Ability to travel.