Family-owned and operated since 1953, Lamour Inc. has earned its reputation as the “Best in Class” choice for socks, performance wear, hosiery and intimates. In fact, we are among the top 5 global players in base layer active wear, the #1 global seamless manufacturer, & one of Canada’s leading sock manufacturers. As a one-stop shop, we work innovatively and passionately to deliver outstanding quality and value to a diversified international customer base. It is our focus on performance fabric technology and product innovation, investment in manufacturing excellence, speed to market, and supply chain execution that allows us to build meaning, strong, and long-lasting retail partnerships across multiple trade channels.
The Tech Pack Designer creates and manages the technical documents of apparel built for garment development, packaging development & production in a timely manner. Communicate the technical requirements, colors or requirement to the team leader and lab coordinator to achieve efficient developments. Work in collaboration with the packaging manager and team leader.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Do all the Technical documents with details of garment and / or packaging.
- Create black and white technical sketches for all the styles.
- Add additional details for clarification ( pictures, close up sketches)
- Preparing packaging toolkit with final information for factory proposal
- Collect information on packaging. Make care label instructions. Folding information to complete tech pack.
- Answer the factory / lab coordinator needs for all occurring technical questions on the TP or development process
- Work closely with technical packaging director
- Manage various project under the supervision of the packaging director
- Produce prototypes for approvals ( mockup )
- Prepare documents for submission and production
- Validate the package with its contents and take the actions necessary to execute the project
- Follow the progression of project with supplier and with internal dept.
- Retouch image when necessary
- Answer the factory / lab coordinator needs for all occurring technical questions during the development process
- Dec in Fashion Design 1-5 years’ experience
- Needs to have apparel experience
- Technical eye
- Proficient with schedules
- Knowledge of garment
- Speed of execution
- Works well under pressure
- Adobe Illustrator, Excel, outlook, Photoshop
What we offer:
- 90% off public transport
- Flexible work hours
- Fridays we finish at 4:00 pm
- Tim Hortons gift card on your birthday
- Rooftop terrace
- Free gym access (yoga, bootcamp and Zumba included - on hold due to covid)
- Medical and dental benefits.. and much much more!